Race Format & Schedule
All teams are guaranteed two 500m races on Saturday. Teams will compete in preliminary races Saturday morning and final races Saturday afternoon.
The top 75 mixed teams, top 32 women’s teams and top 8 open teams will advance to Sunday where they will compete in three additional races - 100m, 200m and 500m races throughout the day.
The race schedule will be posted the week prior to the festival.
First place teams in the various Challenge Cup categories will receive individual medals and a large team trophy.
Team site, team t-shirt and team spirit awards will be presented on Saturday as well.
Top three teams in Mixed A-J, Women’s A-D and Open A are awarded medals. The annual Cup trophy is also awarded to the top team in each division (name of winning teams are engraved each year).
100m and 200m Awards:
Top three teams in Mixed A-J, Women’s A-D and Open A are awarded a team trophy.
- The Charity Challenge Cup Races – top fundraising teams face-off on Thursday, at 7:30PM (Mixed, Open and Women's Races)
- The Rookie Race (the top eight fundraising teams competing in their first festival)
- Breast Cancer Survivor Flower & Race Ceremony - Breast Cancer Survivor teams compete in a ceremonial race followed by the Flower Ceremony, a tradition that provides a moment to remember and honor those who have been lost to breast cancer and those who are still fighting. Friends, families and supporters are all welcome to join us this special evening, followed by a Breast Cancer Survivor Reception.
- Best Team Site Design - awarded to the team with the most colourful & creatively decorated team site
- Chairperson's Spirit Award Cup - awarded to the team with the best team spirit
- Best T-shirt Design - awarded to the team with the most creative t-shirt
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Join a Team
- CCWC Teams
- Race Results
Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival, officially joined IDBP (International Dragon Boat Professional L ...Read more...