Sue Holloway Cup
You train on the water, off the water, in the heat, in the cold (and far too often in the rain), you know what it takes to be a top athlete. As members of DBC, your team is committed to pushing each other to cross that finish line first.
The Sue Holloway Challenge Cup allows sport teams a chance to earn DBC qualifying points while striving for greatness in their sport, just as four-time Olympian, two time Olympic medalist and Canada Sports Hall of Famer, Sue Holloway achieved. Show everyone what hard work and dedication really looks like.
Past Participants include:
Teams outside North America: FREE
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 20-23, 2019 (racing on June 22-23)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Open - teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Individual Registration
- Race Results