Media Challenge Cup
What is the Media Challenge Cup?
Get the message out and show everyone who is the real media king! The Media Challenge Cup gives your team a chance to compete against your rivals in the industry. Be the top news story as you cross the finish line first and enjoy a fun filled day of racing and attractions as you get to know that guy down the hall and what he actually does all day.Past participants in the Media Challenge Cup have represented companies in the media industry including television, radio, print and social media.
· Be a part of North America's largest dragon boat festival
· We provide everything you need (paddles and PFDs), oh and the boat too
· We'll show you how - two free practices with fun and knowledgeable coaches
· Decorate your 10x20' team site to compete for the best team site award or promote who you are what you do
Early Bird Rate: $1200 (25 spots available)
Snow Bird Rate: $1300 (25 spots available)
Regular Team Rate: $1400
Out of Town Rate: $995 (teams from outside 100km radius of Ottawa)
Teams registered in the following divisions: $850 (25 spots available)
- Accessibility Challenge Cup
- Breast Cancer Survivors Challenge Cup
- Community Challenge Cup
- Teams competing in the 2018 CCWC
- Youth Challenge Cup
Teams outside North America: FREE
Individual Registration: $50
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 21-24, 2018 (racing on June 23-24)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Open - teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Teams may be comprised of 16-20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steersperson and up to 6 spares (maximum roster of 28).
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Join a Team
- CCWC Teams
- Race Results
Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival, officially joined IDBP (International Dragon Boat Professional L ...Read more...